6.1.17

Chinese Cabbage

I've mentioned before that I love reading Quora. So today one of the topic that I read is: What is the saddest thing you've ever seen as a police officer?

and below is one of the answer and it really struck me. I put an excerpt but you can read the full answer by clicking the link below.

I don’t know. 
It depends on the level of empathy you got. 
I could go and share a single story. But that won’t do justice to countless other similar incidents I experienced. 
Inhumanity knows no limits. Perpetrators will leave the scenes that scream macabre and ghast. Cops would not only have to bear it but also make sense of it to get results. Every Scene and every victim (DOA) will present you with different perspective and stir. I like to think that a well decorated film director cannot get mental images so gruesome in his wildest imaginations that a Cop witnesses in real life. 
Obviously Cops tend to get used to it. There is no way around. But still... after 16 years in the department, I do get sad or shocked. 
We are talking about crimes against a person, to be more specific fatal and sexual offences. 
Empathy, Ladies and Gentlemen. That makes you feel somebody’s pain and suffering.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-saddest-thing-youve-ever-seen-as-a-police-officer/answer/Neman-Ashraf?srid=JCGh


No comments: