9.11.18

Pregnancy & Delivery Story of Baby A: Part II

Hi, where was i last time? Oh, my labor experience.

Anyway, i literally make promise to myself not to give birth anymore because it is soooo painful. The pain haunted me for few months but i forgotten about it after a year, urgh.

After labor and stitches, nurses cleaned me and brought me back to my room. I felt surreal. My baby was still under-care because she was exposed about 25 hours after the water broke and paeds wanted to monitor her for any infections. But it wasnt long, baby came back and i breastfed her (which i thought i knew how, silly me). Parents in law came to visit and performed tahnik.

That night, baby was put in nursery but the nurse will brought her to me whenever baby cries for milk or whenever that i requested the baby. So i had pretty much a good time in the hospital. As far as i know, my baby purely on breast milk. Few other friends pointed out that some hospital gave newborn formula milk even though the parents already informed that they wanted to breastfeed the baby.

The hospital provided newborn pampers, clothes, wet tissue for the baby through out the time we were there. I was given maternity pads as well. Before leaving, we get a goodie bag full of baby essentials.

The real chaos started after we left hospital and started confinement at home; being a first time parent and apparently parenthood or motherhood doesnt really kicked in. In the end, everything went well. We learnt one thing at a time and havent stop learning.

Alhamdulillah, overall we had a very good labour experience at Columbia Asia Setapak. Hopefully this sharing could help and give overview to expecting mothers.

cheers!

No comments: