11.2.12

Review: A Separation

What is wrong is wrong, no matter who said it or where it's written.

Nader: A Separation

If you enjoy watching a foreign language movie, there is one movie that I would like to suggest: A Separation. It is an Iranian movie which won Golden Globe Award and gained 98% ratings in Rotten Tomatoes (If you're a movie addict, you should know rotten tomatoes or metacritics). I was triggered to watch the movie when I was watching Golden Globe Award where it won the award, defeating so many other good movies.


A Separation is a simple story about life. If you were expecting any dramatic scene, there isn't. I didnt cry watching the movie because there is nothing to cry about. But the issue and the message that came from the movie is very beautiful.


The story move in the right pace. It just keep you intrigued to know more and more. It portrayed community issues which included faith, trust, truth and love. I like the daughter-father bond in this movie. I like the fact it doesnt need to have any dramatic scene just to make the audience weep or cry. I like how it touches complex/common issue in the most simplest way.


Well, I highly recommend this movie. But if you had any issues with Iranian's workpiece or anything with regards to Syiah, please keep this movie away. Like many said; haters are only going to hate.


A good story will not be a good movie without a great acting. The actors and actresses done a very good job in this movie. They should without doubt won the award for the best actor and best actress. So, with great story line and great acting, what else could I say? Happy watching people!

No comments: