22.11.11

Roaaaaaaaaaar, Harimau Muda!

I was watching the game between Malaysia and Indonesia just now. The place was cramped with Malaysia and Indonesia fans. There were a lot of Indonesia fans around me and I can feel the tension even before the kick-off.


According to my observation, some of Indonesia fans have very positive attitude but others purposely tried to provoke us during the whole game. Come on la. You're watching along side Malaysia fans at Malaysia kot, be more civil will you!


Anyway, I am not going to bitch about them because I respect them as much as some of them respect us as Malaysian. Here, I would like to share some interesting facts about the game last night:


1. Harimau Muda (Malaysia) is the only team who win all the matches. They were tied in the first game with Singapore but they had winning streak until the final.

2. Harimau Muda (Malaysia) is the only team in this Sea Game that beat Indonesia.

3. Hitz.fm won the bet with 101 jak.fm (Indo radio station) when Harimau Muda won the match which 101 jak.fm will have to air Malaysia's songs for the whole day.

4. FAM gave RM 30 000 bonus to each and every player of Harimau Muda.

5. Harimau Muda team consist of multi-racial player: Malay, Chinese, Indian.


There are many more facts that I could share but lets stop here. I am not a die hard fan of football, but I'd always support Malaysia team in any games that they play. Lastly, this is the pep talk by Ong Kim Swee (Malaysia U23 Coach) to lift up the team's spirit before the final took place:

"They don't respect you, they don't respect our flag, they don't respect our King and they don't respect your parents. If you allow this to happen, then you are cowards. You must teach them what being Malaysian is all about!"

Ong Kim Swee; Malaysia U23 Coach

No comments: