6.12.11

Literature


But since we see everyday that where there is affection, young people are seldom withheld by immediate want of fortune from entering into engagements with each other, how can I promise to be wiser than so many of my fellow creatures if I am tempted, or how am I even to know that it would be wisdom to resist? All that I can promise you, therefore, is not to be in a hurry. I will not be in a hurry to believe myself his first object. When I am in company with him, I will not be wishing. In short, I will do my best.

Elizabeth Bennet: Pride and Prejudice pg 141

I've been meaning to read Jane Austen books, one of it is Pride and Prejudice. Alhamdulillah, after finish reading To kill a mockingbird - Harper Lee, my passion to read English literature increases. However, I find that To kill a mockingbird is easier to understand (maybe because it is classic of American literature) compared to Pride and Prejudice (English literature).


Half way to go. It is getting more and more interesting in each pages.

No comments: